Founder, Author, Speaker, Entertainer

Founder, Author, Speaker, Entertainer
Woman Beautiful, Amanda Schwab ~ Founder, Author, Speaker, Entertainer - Helping you fight the good fight of faith as you embrace the woman you are created to be!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Owner or Manager?

My sin issue was not that I was a poor money manager plagued by a generational curse, but that I refused to surrender to God as the owner of all things. Understanding generational curses and how they affect us enables us to confront the problem head-on and make necessary changes under the power of the Holy Spirit. A person has to not only acknowledge God as the owner of the earth and all that is in it, but she must also surrender to his ownership. I remember listening to a CD in which the speaker told me to walk into my house, look around, and say out loud, "It's not mine; it all belongs to God;" to look into my wallet or check book and say, "It's not mine; it all belongs to God;" to get into my vehicle and say, "It's not mine; it belongs to God." For several weeks, I did just that. I still do if I try to do my own thing with God's estate.
There is one thing God had to reveal to me in the ownership realm: in John's eyes, he owned the salary check, and I was to manage it for him. Woman Beautiful, I don't know how you and your husband manage your household income, but I do know this, God owns it all and he has made your husband chief executive officer over your household, including the money in it. Therefore, your husband has to manage it like he owns the piece of God's estate entrusted to him. We all know that the owner of anything treats it better than the hired hand. I had to begin treating our finances with respect toward John, which ultimately pleased and glorified God.
Woman Beautiful, pp. 173-174
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to help you and not hurt you, plans to give you hope and a great future. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment