Founder, Author, Speaker, Entertainer

Founder, Author, Speaker, Entertainer
Woman Beautiful, Amanda Schwab ~ Founder, Author, Speaker, Entertainer - Helping you fight the good fight of faith as you embrace the woman you are created to be!

Monday, January 16, 2012

A Lifestyle of Abundance -- 2012 Goals

It doesn't seem as though it has been that many years ago that we were bracing for the year 2000; being uncertain at what might happen in the realm of technology and society as we knew it. Now we are in 2012 and technology and the Internet are more vital today than Bill Gates ever thought they would be. As the story goes, Bill Gates thought that the "Internet" would never be a big deal and he really didn't want to pursue its possibilities, but his team thought differently. Yea for the team! We all need a team...those who will help us see and believe the things that we cannot. As I share a few of my goals for 2012 with you, it is with the evidence of things not yet seen (Hebrews 11:1). Goal number 1: I want to thoroughly clean every room in my house; this sounds like it should be an easy task but...I want my cleaning to include closets, drawers, boxes, under the beds, in the corners and etc. Leaving nothing unturned, moving every piece of furniture, cleaning windows, ceilings, baseboards and walls. I want to get rid of everything that I do not use or decorate with. This will also include the garage. Goal number 2: I want to finish two books that I've been working on for the past three years. Goal number 3: I want to become completely debt free. Goal number 4: I want to faithfully implement all of the Beauty Tips that I have included in my book, Woman Beautiful, and those that I post on the Woman Beautiful Facebook page. Goal number 5: I want to give more to the fertile grounds of God's Kingdom than I have ever given before and goal number 6: I want to love others well -- more passionately compassionate than I've ever loved them before! And I want this love to start with Jesus and then move swiftly to my family, church, neighbors, and community then beyond. This is probably my most significant goal. To love with sweet sensitivity that originates with Holy God. In order to reach each of these goals there are certain behaviors that I will have to implement -- a plan that will, indeed, enable me to accomplish every goal. This plan must include: working in my home everyday...intentionally; I will have to designate times to write each week and then stick to those times; I will have to monitor daily spending -- evaluating every purchase to determine whether it is a need or a desire. December 31, 2012 will be here before I know it and I'm convinced that "denying myself" for 12 months will not kill me. I will have to practice what I preach, even when I am tired; I will have to give strategically, not just making my usual tithe, but paying close attention to the voice of the Lord and being obedient to give as He leads and I will have to spend time in the presence of God daily in order to really know and understand His undefiled, selfless love. In reaching all of my goals, I need a team that will encourage me, pray for me and believe in me. More than these, my team will have to be willing to hold me accountable speaking those truths to me that I really might not want to hear. Thankfully, I do have such a team. This team is found in my husband, adult children, and prayer partners as well as the Woman Beautiful team and a small support group that I facilitate. You too need such a team! We at Woman Beautiful want to cheer you on in the desires, dreams, visions and goals that God has born in your heart. We would like to pray for you, answer your questions, and give you great ideas on how to embrace the woman that God truly created you to be. Please go to www.womanbeautiful.us and receive the help and encouragement that you might be needing today. We love you and delight in the opportunity to help you in this walk of life. We look forward to receiving your contact. Blessings, Amanda         

No comments:

Post a Comment